Sunstrand is The Sustainable Materials Company. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, we specialize in natural materials for use in commercial, industrial, and technical applications. Said simply, we source rapidly renewable crops (bamboo, hemp, flax, kenaf), process them into customer specifications, and leverage these materials for use in composites, nonwovens, animal bedding, textiles and more. Advantages of our materials include sustainability/green messaging, light-weighting, reduced density, reduced cost, and improved overall strength.
Our team is looking for a methodical Market Research Analyst to survey customer preferences and statistical data in order to support customers during their decision-making process regarding product development, prices and promotions. The successful market researcher will be able to analyze autonomously qualitative data, trends, strategies and competition aiming at increasing competitiveness.
The Market Research Analyst will report directly to the VP of Sales and Marketing. Oversight and general direction may be given by other upper level entities, i.e. the CEO, VP Product Development, Consultants and Advisors. It is expected that the Market Research Analyst will work independently and in teams with general and specific direction. Work packages will have scheduling and deliverable targets defined by the VP of Sales and Marketing – the Analyst will be responsible for meeting these targets to the best of his or her ability.
Research categories will include, at a minimum the following markets: Environmental Impact & Sustainability, Automotive, Building/Construction, Nonwovens, Composites & Plastics, Functional Additives/Fillers, Dietary Fibers, Animal Bedding & Pet Products, Flax, Hemp, Bamboo, Kenaf, Wood, Manufacturing Processes, and other target markets/industries/categories as necessary.
General Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to database
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties researches and implement best practices
- Passionate and Knowledgeable about Strategic Analysis
- Proven market research analysis experience
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of statistical packages, databases and MS Office
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Familiarity with CRM programs
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modeling and mining
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- BS degree in marketing, market research, statistics, computer science, math, social sciences, business administration, or communications.
Please email Adam Block, VP Sales and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org with interest or questions.