Sunstrand is young fast-growing company building a new and innovative Bio-Industrial Material industry from the ground up. Our company provides value to customers at a critical nexus between supply chain solutions, manufacturing infrastructure, material science and application engineering. We contract with farmers to grow specialty agricultural products, then convert them into highly specified/engineered natural raw and value-added products for sale to upstream manufactures and users in a variety of industries including building materials, transportation, sporting and consumer goods. Our corporate headquarters, R&D center and pilot production facilities are located Louisville, KY. Two satellite production facilities are currently under construction (Alberta, Canada and at the NC/SC border) with two more planned to be built starting in 2019.
This position will support production/manufacturing operations across multiple production facilities through the use of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software package. The role will primary involve the integration of sales demands with production scheduling and inventory control. The Supply Chain Director will also be responsible for overseeing freight logistics and traceability (QA/QC) solutions which start on the farm end when our customer receives a product.
Job Tasks 0-6 Months
The first ~6 months of this job will primary focus on two key objectives;
- on the job training & hands-on participation in current production/trialing practices
- design of tracking systems and selection of the ERP system.
Near term responsibilities include implementing material labelling and traceability, production tracking and reports, production scheduling, certain trial and data tracking, support product development testing, report generation when needed, operator fill-in, some capital project work, inventories management, development of spare parts management program, line PMs, and employee training.
Job Tasks 6+ Months
Manage supply chain for multiple locations through;
- Implementation of production data systems and owner of ERP software related activities
- Coordination of production/employee use of the ERP. Many people will interact with, or hold, vital information related to production, fulfillment, inventory, quality, etc. In addition to implementation of an ERP system, the Supply Chain Director must also ensure the effective flow of information between production floor, and other business areas, with limited impact to efficiency.
- Consistent reporting is required across the organization. There will be KPIs (particularly related to production efficiencies and quality control metrics), scheduled reviews, etc – it is the responsibility of the Supply Chain Director to not only ensure the accurate use of the ERP by all employees, but to also report on the results, share insights and key findings, and make recommendations on a predetermined cadence.
Coordination and communication of material/production inventory needs between sales and product development departments. Monitor inventory and sales pipeline, manage the physical fulfillment of orders for multiple customers from multiple locations through the use of the ERP software system.
Ultimately the Supply Chain Director will coordinate logistics, process customer orders, collaborate with delivery stakeholders, implement and maintain tracking software and verifying proper product labeling. Ensure customer orders are properly received, processed and delivered, liaise with delivery partners, plant managers and sales team. Supervise activity to ensure all the ordered products are packaged.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Manufacturing technology, Computer Science/Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management/Logistics or other related discipline
- 5 years of work experience in a related field
- Experience in generating requirements for and implementing ERP software from a SaaS provider
- Experience in coordination of use of the ERP
- Skilled in MS Office/Enterprise software
- Organized, independent worker
- 10 years work experience in related field
- Mechanically inclined
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related discipline
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in agriculture and textile (nonwoven) related processing