The Sunstrand Commercial Coordinator provides commercial focus, accountability and customer connection for the business. The Commercial Coordinator is accountable to drive profitable top line growth by emphasizing teamwork and accountability from the customer back across all our commercial product transactions. The Commercial Coordinator is accountable for developing a structure that delivers the growth strategy of the Sundstrand business. Direct accountability for all sales related functions and for the development of a Business Development strategy that aligns sales activities and supports company growth, and operational goals. The position reports to the General Manager.
1. Sales – Customers
The Commercial Coordinator will lead by learning and gaining insight into Sunstrand customers’ needs. The coordinator will establish what is necessary for customer success by understanding, and promoting the differential value that our current and future products, programs and processes deliver to the customer. The Commercial Coordinator will coordinate needed technical services and communicate specific customers’ needs. The Commercial Coordinator drives results by commercial coaching, customer communications, sales skills, negotiation skills, business acumen, teamwork, technical knowledge and product knowledge to support our customer at every level.
- Frequency and quality of customer visits/interactions
- Achievement of customer action plans, inspired through the Customer Discovery process and beyond
- Sales revenue from new and existing products
- Gross Margin
2. Developing Strategy
The Commercial Coordinator works with the General Manager to develop sales, marketing and new business development strategies that will ensure the profitable growth and success of our customers and. This position analyzes and defines the actions to achieve corporate goals in the short and long term. The Commercial Coordinator provides the following insights specific to the sales strategy as input to the overall business strategy:
- Economic impacts
- Competitor intel
- Customer and market needs
- Market and industry trends
- The un-met needs of customers and the market as identified by the organization and the resultant opportunity for the business.
- An understanding of the competition which identifies competitive advantages, disadvantages and company strengths and weaknesses (understanding of why the customer is buying from the competition).
- Revenue growth goal
- Operating margin goal
3. Executing Strategy
- Emphasizes, continually, commercial productivity and managing the business by the numbers.
- Organizes and inspires the commercial organization and other broader business teams that interact with sales and new product development to deliver the strategic objectives and supporting goals.
- Communicates with all major customers so that our customers know our strategic plans, how to position for market conditions, and build trust and operating integrity in our business relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to design selling programs, with an outside-in perspective, to drive Sunstrand and customer profitability.
- Works with the General Manager to ensure all selling initiatives and strategy are cost effective and manages sales activities to budget.
- Proposes business development initiatives and structure (acquisitions, external partnerships, internal resources) to accelerate plan achievement.
4. Directing Commercial Business Operations
- Develops in house sales processes and systems for handling customer requests, tracking progress, forecasting needs that are tied to each products supply and providing on time feedback from Sunstrand to customer as needed.
- Monitors market data and customer feedback to collect and synthesize changes in market conditions and/or competitive behavior.
- Leads and manages the forecasting process and provides input for pricing decisions.
- Sales performance to plan
- Continuous improvement and realization of non-financial goals
- Customer action plans implementation
- Demonstrated business acumen in sales, marketing, product development and working with technical services.
- Marketing and selling new products and services; attracting new customers .
- Demonstrated ability to replicate success quickly
- Understanding of new business development process, product development process and the innovation process necessary for attaining diversification and growth objectives.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated technical ability – thinking, managing.
- Demonstrated ability to
- Develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market.
- Develop new business and products.
- Develop a functional operating plan
- Travel required
- Strong business and financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by superior presentation skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, marketing or other related field.
Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Forward thinking. The ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information and recognizes uncertainty of success; weighs and manages risk in decision making; able to make decisions detrimental to a few but helpful to many.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good judgment, does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning, does not rationalize failures.
- Freely states opinions and feelings. Expresses him/her self directly and candidly.
Sales and marketing in one or more of the following industries
- Automotive suppliers
- Glass, synthetic or carbon fibers
- Polymer composites
- Plastics and plastic fillers
- Bulk materials
- Building materials